We are proud to have supplied the LED solar streetlighting solution for Postmasburg, situated in the Northern Cape Province in South Africa.
Postmasburg is completely surrounded by beautiful green foliage fed by a dam and several shimmering fountains. It was proclaimed a town in 1892. Postmasburg even had its own diamond rush. The first diamond was discovered in 1918 and as a result an open cast mine grew. The mine was permanently flooded in 1935 and as a result, just like Kimberley, Postmasburg could also boast its very own “Big Hole”. This hole is over 45 m deep and filled with fish. It’s a beautiful sight visited by many.
Postmasburg also boasts spectacular architecture and many historical sites.
Our South-African designed and manufactured BEKA SOLAR streetlights have been installed throughout Postmasburg. This new streetlighting installation is the next phase of a previous project where these solar streetlights have been installed. Due to the proven high quality of these products, our lighting solution was chosen again.
The BEKA SOLAR streetlight for outdoor residential and public applications provides a full customizable option to suit all off-grid solar lighting requirements. Combined with the ZIYA luminaire, the BEKA SOLAR provides a reliable lighting solution with a high Ingress Protection level that withstands high ambient temperatures and vandalism. These luminaires are a sustainable off-grid performer with a superior lumen/watt ratio.
Further advantages of the BEKA SOLAR include:
- It has been specifically engineered for all geographical locations in Africa
- It has been designed to operate between high and applicable dimmed levels for a constant period of 12hrs on average through the year
- It has sufficient autonomy to cater for up to four continuous overcast or rainy days, to continue its reliable night operation
- It is theft and vandal resistant
- Various battery technologies are available to meet specific customer requirements
- Warranty up to 5 years (Terms and conditions apply)
The BEKA SOLAR offers a renewable lighting solution to operate in any of our very challenging African environmental conditions.
We locally develop and manufacture sustainable LED lighting products, designed and suitable for local conditions.
We are very proud to be associated with BVi Upington in providing a sustainable LED solar streetlighting solution for this project.